Saturday, August 8, 2009

AIRBRUSHING OF KELLY CLARKSON'S PHOTO ON COVER OF 'SELF' MAGAZINE: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING!


With first American Idol Kelly Clarkson's photo gracing the cover of Self magazine, it seems that gossip fans tiring of chatting about Paula's departure from the show are now questioning whether the photo of a slim Clarkson was airbrushed.


"Despite constant scrutiny over her fuller figure -- some critics even sniped that she looks pregnant -- Kelly Clarkson appears in Self ... looking anything but insecure, if her confident grin and skimpy, revealing top are any indications," wrote nydailynews.


"Yes, of course we do post-production corrections on our images," SELF editor-in-chief Lucy Danziger told "Entertainment Tonight."


In a world in which show biz celebrities routinely turn to Botox for a youthful appearance, some of Clarkson's fans wonder why the gossip mongers are making "so much ado about nothing." More importantly, Clarkson is on tour and wowing fans with her performances!


"It is surprising that anyone cares," said Clarkson fan Priscilla Crosby. "We all like to look nice in our photos, and I know that I have thrown away a few of myself that didn't look so good." Then she laughed, "I certainly would have airbrushed mine if I knew how to do that."


American Idols judge Simon Cowell told Contactmusic, "I've had Botox. But then again, pretty much everyone I know has."


And So You Think You Can Dance judge Mary Murphy admitted on air that she had Botox too."


Kelly Clarkson exudes confidence, and is a great role model for women of all sizes and stages of their lives," continued Danziger in her interview. "She works out and is strong and healthy, and our picture shows her confidence and beauty. She literally glows from within. That is the feeling we'd all want to have. We love this cover and we love Kelly Clarkson."


And Clarkson, herself, is quoted from Self, "Sometimes I eat more; sometimes I play more. I'll be different sizes all the time. When people talk about my weight, I'm like, 'You seem to have a problem with it; I don't. I'm fine!' I've never felt uncomfortable on the red carpet or anything."


Clarkson certainly acts happy and comfortable. During the Self photo-shoot, she reported had a great time -- "danced along to pal Carrie Underwood's tunes while posing" and, following the shoot, inviting the crew to go along to see Star Trek with her.


Fans on message boards posted such messages as:


"I think she looks fine either way. You can't please all of the people all the time. Her voice is great so what else really matters. She's hot any way she looks. If she is happy with herself, that's the most important thing."


And: "Why does anyone care? She was pretty then, and she is pretty now."


The consensus is that Clarkson is an amazing talent and is happy with her life.The chatter about an airbrushed cover simply does appear to be much ado about nothing! It seems time for a new topic of the day.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment