Friday, August 7, 2009

DioGUARDI SAYS THAT SHE WAS NEVER ON IDOL TO REPLACE PAULA


American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi, who at this point appears to be the only "girl" judge returning to the show next season, addressed Paula Abdul's departure on host Ryan Seacrest's radio show. She revealed, "I was never here to replace her."
"I can't get over it," said DioGuardi. I'm completely shocked. It's such a loss for the show, such a loss for the contestants. She's definitely the heart of the panel."
In explaining that she was not brought to American Idol to replace Paula, she revealed, "The way I'm understanding it is that it was her choice to leave. I never was here to replace her. It would be impossible to replace Paula Abdul. She's an incredible talent.
"She is somebody who helped make the show as big as it is," DioGuardi continued. "How could you replace that? If anything, she really was somebody who helped me, because it was awkward at times being the fourth judge."
The recently married DioGuardi credited Paula with treating her with heart -- "The kind of heart she treated the contestants with, she treated me with last year. She was so kind to me and made me feel immediately like part of the panel. I'm hoping she'll reconsider."
However, DioGuardi revealed that she hasn't spoken with Paula since she announced her departure from the show. She said that she had left messages, but, "I talked with her last week. I haven't spoken to her this week."
Known last season as the "fourth judge," DioGuardi expressed hopes that this season she can show fans a more "comfortable" side of her. "Last year was tough ... being the new kid you get beat up a bit. I'm hoping that this year people will be more accepting."
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment