Friday, August 28, 2009

DANYL JOHNSON, WHO WOWED X FACTOR JUDGE SIMON COWELL, "JUST WANTED TO HAVE FUN ONSTAGE"


"My dream is to get an album out there, write songs, really enjoy this," school teach and The X Factor hopeful Danyl Johnson explained in a satellite interview with mtv. "That's what I wanted for so long. I've been singing for about 10 years now, and I didn't have that much interest before, and now loads of interest has come in. It's just really amazing. I'm having a really good time. It's so humbling."


During Johnson's initial X Factor audition, he wowed the show's always blunt judge Simon Cowell -- a feat not easily accomplished. Cowell was grinning from ear to ear during Johnson's performance, and then exclaimed, "Danyl, that was single-handedly the best first audition I have ever heard!"


Johnson has some experience. He has been in boy bands -- and performed with a rock band on television. But never did he attract the kind of attention that he has received since his audition that had the audience on their feet in applause and Cowell offering a standing ovation too!


When Today host Ann Curry asked where he has been hiding all this time, Johnson laughed and said, "I don't know, probably in the shower. Annoying neighbors."


Johnson said that he actually never intended to audition for The X Factor, but that his students actually talked him into it.


"I thought that dream had gone past. And the kids have been so supportive, and they said I should go in for the competition," he said. "I thought, 'OK, I'll send off an application, and if I get one back, see what happens from there.' And I'm so glad they got me to do it. I just wanted to have fun onstage and not just sing a song, but entertain the crowd because it's the first time we've had a crowd at 'X Factor.' "


Johnson's appearance was on the first episode of the current X Factor season so that this is just his beginning on the popular English television program. But for now, he said that he is just trying to return as much as possible to a normal life.


"It's just been pretty mental, pretty nice," Johnson told Today. "I've just done the normal things. I've been hanging with my friends, and I went to the pub quiz yesterday. I've just done normal things and kept my friends really close. And my family as well are so proud."




Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment